battle zone

This website is dedicated to the glory of Christ and the youth of Fulkerson Park Baptist Church (Niles, Michigan).

10 August 2006

I was thinking I would give you some trivia :) Be as specific as you can with your answers
where did these quotes come from? (2 seperate books, several of you have read each of these)



1. "I saw a great storm coming toward me from the north, driving before it a huge cloud that flashed with lightning and shone with brilliant light. The fire inside it glowed like gleaming amber. From the center of the cloud came four living beings that looked human. Except that each had four faces....."



2. "...The hours of torment leading up to Samuel's death had new meaning now. David had known! He was in essence proving his faith in God by trusting the Word of the book. David had become Abraham, whose faith was tested by offering up his son, Isaac! Only in this case, the son really had been killed......."

14 Comments:

Blogger lisatatj said...

I will give you the answer to this tomorrow!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Dominic said...

That my friend is a very good question, if I get the energy to figure it out I'll let you know.

3:49 PM  
Blogger lisatatj said...

tim didn't get it so you may not :)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Dominic said...

If he didn't get it I highly dobt I will. I do know how to use a concordance though. ;)

5:57 PM  
Blogger lisatatj said...

k, here's the answer

1. is from Ezekiel chpt 1

2. is from Ted Dekker's "Showdown"

8:55 AM  
Blogger Dominic said...

I would have never gotten that.

6:00 PM  
Blogger lisatatj said...

Dominic...didn't you read showdown?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Dominic said...

Uh uh, I haven't read the show down yet, I'm still working on reading Three

3:29 PM  
Blogger lisatatj said...

do you like 3?

anyone else read ted dekker??

3:51 PM  
Blogger Dominic said...

Yeah, it's a pretty good book. Chelsie does!

4:39 PM  
Blogger lisatatj said...

i have it if anyone wants to read it.... not his best...but ok... Black, Red and White are absolutely amazing tho!!! Very cool about showing the redemption story in a new way --totally fictional of course, but along the lines of CS Lewis and how he weaves that thru the Chronicles

2:17 PM  
Blogger Dominic said...

Yeah, I have to agree with Mr.Smith, Black Red and White totaly rock!

3:22 PM  
Blogger lisatatj said...

that's me not TIM!!!!!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Dominic said...

Oops, sorry missed the s. lol No offense. lol That's kinda funny though

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counters
Sony Vaio Laptop Computer