battle zone

This website is dedicated to the glory of Christ and the youth of Fulkerson Park Baptist Church (Niles, Michigan).

06 September 2006

Are you thinking???

Don't forget when you are thinking about Scripture and God to think of God and things of HIM....Not so much in relation to what this has to do with you or yourself...But who God is, what HE is doing in the passage, etc....

The reason I say this is because I often make this mistake. I read the Bible to see what I need to do, or what God is telling me. That isn't bad, but as a habit I think the better way is to 'see' God in His Word.... Or Jesus, or the Holy Spirit.

Can you give me some questions to ask when thinking of a passage that would help me to 'see' what God is doing or where his attributes/qualities are displayed??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counters
Sony Vaio Laptop Computer