battle zone

This website is dedicated to the glory of Christ and the youth of Fulkerson Park Baptist Church (Niles, Michigan).

27 September 2006

He makes me lie down ......

He leads me beside.....

He restores my soul



He MAKES me-- I in my ignorant sheep brain prefer something other than green pastures...what do i want?? Maybe the dessert cuz all the cool sheep (that don't have shepherds) hang out there, o, the mountains would be fun, jumping around all those high places.... I don't realize my shepherds wisdom and i don't see the dangers...i just see it in my foolish sheep sense that those things look cool and those sheep are having fun, right?? When i put it like that (sheep foolishness) you all see the dangers, right.... falling off the mountain?? No water in the dessert.....

He leads me-- He knows where to lead me....i don't know where i am going, but he leads me...i need to trust that....when i get scared of where i am going, discontent with where i am, etc, etc....

HE restores my soul... have you ever felt that?? When he restores your soul??? If you have than you know how precious that is. I guess to a sheep it would be petting, talking softly to the sheep, or just being near.... translate that to a human.... God's hand in your life (working, changing, setting up the details, organizing life and answering prayers), God's voice (his word, his comfort through friends) His nearness (you feel his presence, and his love)

1 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

I know what you mean about your soul being restored. There's nothing that feels more free-ing. It's kind of funny that the restoration process usually involves letting something go which you think is necessary for happiness but when you come to the place where you are willing to let it go, you couldn't feel happier!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counters
Sony Vaio Laptop Computer