battle zone

This website is dedicated to the glory of Christ and the youth of Fulkerson Park Baptist Church (Niles, Michigan).

02 October 2006

Subtle Sins??

Did you kill anyone this week? Witchcraft? Idolatry?

Okay, probably not. Hopefully not!


But what about gossip? Snide, cutting remarks? Manipulation? Pouting? Impatience? Disrespect towards others? Telling a quick untruth (i.e., lie) so as to get out of an awkward situation? Sometimes these things are more subtle, we explain them away, and we seldom apologize and repent of them. But isn't sin sin???

What are some other subtle sins that we deal with everyday?

4 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

irritability, i was running low on sleep today and was quite grouchy toward my coworkers and i felt that i was justified because of my lack of sleep but it was an excuse and it was sin.

10:06 PM  
Blogger mwh said...

Oh yeah, irritability is a common one. I struggle with that one towards my wife.

8:19 AM  
Blogger lisatatj said...

frustration is my biggest!!
I know it is really anger, but I feel better when i call it frustration--that is just me lying to myself tho

10:37 AM  
Blogger mwh said...

What about insincerity and exaggeration? Acting pious and spiritual when you are really not? Feigning meekness so as to draw attention to yourself or to appear humble (when you really aren't!!!)?

I won't confirm of which one(s) of these I'm guilty. :-)

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web counters
Sony Vaio Laptop Computer